About Me

My photo
Bronx, New York
Urban Forum’s Mission Statement Urban Forum was designed and developed on the premise of giving signed and unsigned artist the platform to expose their talents and gifts to the masses. What separates Urban Forum from other online radio talk shows is that we record our show live in front of a studio audience giving the artist twice the exposure. Urban Forum provides an expressive platform to discuss solvable issues and concerns that affect our lives, our community and our people. We believe by conversing on these important topics, we are strengthening and uplifting others while strengthening and uplifting ourselves. Urban Forum, Our People, Our Lives, Our Community

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wait.....

A Friend and I was talking, and he quoted this verse to me...Now, let me tell you, I grew up in the Church. Read the Bible and at times my faith is tremendous. But when he quoted this scripture, which I've been thinking about since. It made me realize, where my strength, endurance, zealous and determination has come from. For you see, In my 45 years of life, I've experienced some serious things in my life, abandonment, abuse, addiction, alcoholism (and that's just in the "A" section), where most people would not have dealt with them causing mental damaged. As a counselor I've heard some stories that shed light on my own story...for my past has become my source of life, my reason for living, see, I realize my purpose...and that is to help others over come there obstacles....here's the quote....

"BUT THEY THAT WAIT UPON THE LORD SHALL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH; THEY SHALL MOUNT UP WITH WINGS AS EAGLES; THEY SHALL RUN, AND NOT BE WEARY; AND THEY SHALL WALK, AND NOT FAINT."

Now the verse above that is even more powerful, it says,

"YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU HAVEN'T HEARD, THAT THE EVERLASTING GOD, THE LORD, THE CREATOR OF THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, FAINT NOT NEITHER IS HE WEARY? THERE IS No SEARCHING OF HIS UNDERSTANDING,

HE GIVE POWER TO THE FAINT AND THEM THAT HAVE NO MIGHT HE INCREASE STRENGTH,
EVEN THE YOUTHS SHALL FAINT AND BE WEARY, AND THE YOUNG MEN SHALL UTTERLY FALL:

Now looking at this, makes me realize how I have over come so many obstacles in my life, how I've survived abuse, malice and many other things that need not to be mention...I think we all could look back on our lives and wonder how we've made it through situations and circumstances...I'M NOT PITCHING A RELIGION, just a spiritual aware....its only by our most High strength and wisdom....we've made it this far

No comments: